As a parent choosing a school is a difficult task. There are so many options, how can you know what is best for your child? At GPS, we strive to be transparent and open with our parents, even in the admissions process. We want parents to be part of our learning community, an integral part of the school. We are quite open about our philosophy of schooling and want parents who agree with our approach to join our team.
Here are some fundamentals about how we approach education:
- Treat each child as an individual.
- Engage students with real world problems and learning.
- Make learning collaborative.
- Make learning visible.
- Encourage our whole community to love and respect each other.
- Provide a safe and supportive infrastructure.
- Set high expectations of ourselves and our students.
The Sports Lab is aimed at developing fundamental skills such as focus, strategic thinking and leadership through the practice of sporting discipline.
Our ensemble of sporting activities include:
- New age sports such as skating, archery, fencing.
- Traditional sports such as basketball, cricket, and football.
- Coaches for each sport are selected after careful scrutiny to ensure that experience, knowledge and teaching skills are brought together for the benefit of our students.
- Each extracurricular activity has a carefully constructed syllabus, which is taught in a scientific and planned manner to ensure the participants not only enjoy the sport, but also develop the qualities that these sports nurture in the athletes.
Our skill development courses bridge the gap between curiosity and action, empowering our young learners with the ability to follow their passions. A wide variety of holistic hobby classes are offered to our students such as:
- Indian and Western Dance.
- Classical and Western Music.
- Craft & Painting.
Experts from each of these fields are brought in to teach the students the importance and subtleties of each subject. The ultimate objective is to help create all round students.